Stencil Glam

I have always been a fan of changing a room using paint. Color can instantly change the look of a room either for the good or sometimes not so good....ask me how I know that one! A few years ago, I had a client who introduced me to a company called Modello Designs. This company makes custom stencils for designers and professional faux finishers. There are some really beautiful designs available and with a little creativity, they can be used just about anywhere. We have some wonderfully talented faux painters in Maryland. Brynne Lincoln of Paint Design Studio and I have worked together for many years. Brynne specializes in faux finishes. In addition to faux finishing walls, she also paints cabinetry. You can see more of her work at Painteddoordesigncompany. Another talented local artist is Dee Cunningham of Deelite Design. Although she also does faux painting, her murals are gorgeous! Her work is so realistic, you feel like you have to touch it to prove it isn't real.
Here are a few of my favorite M
odello stencil designs from the Modello website:

Decorative Artist: Norman Goodwin
Altamonte Springs, FL


Talk ab
out WOW factor! I think this ceiling is stunning, however doesn't the chandelier look too small? Maybe it is larger than it appears in the photo, but I think that ceiling needs something really large to live up to the design.

Decorative Artist: Debbie Hayes
Greensboro, NC

This stencil was cut exactly to fit on the stair risers. The combination of graphic design and black paint turn an ordinary wooden step into a beautiful work of art.


Decorative Artist: Jeff Raum
Moorpark, CA

Decorative Artist: Sheri Zeman
Addison, IL

This headboard was created for an HGTV show called New Spaces. The faux finish is on the headboard and what you can't see is the glass beads that were added to the paint to create shimmer and shine.

Decorative Artist: Jeff Raum
Moorpark, CA

This picture is my favorite but not because of the stenciling, but because of those awesome window treatments! After all, I am a window treatment girl! Look at the new look of "shutters". And the nail head trim...I sure would love to see this one in person!

1 comment: