To Iron or NOT to Iron

Recently, I completely a job for a client who wanted a custom headboard, drapes and cornices in her master bedroom. When my installer and I finished the job, I asked if I could help her make the bed. She had removed all the bed linens and cleaned them before we attached the new headboard. She was happy to let me help her put the bed back together so I could take some pictures of my work. When she arrived with the sheets and bedding, she informed me that she had cleaned and PRESSED everything. While we were making the bed I tried to play it off that I wasn't shocked by the fact that she'd taken the time to press all of her bed linens. "Of course you pressed the linens...that is what I always do........" Ha, Ha, Ha! Always do in MY DREAMS. Are you kidding? I'm trying to raise 2 young girls and run a business. I'm lucky that my sheets even get washed, let alone ironed! Now I know perfectly well that linens look better when they are pressed. So, I would like to know for the record, how many of you actually press your sheets?

4 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? NOT! Never have and probably never will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course I do dah-ling! I also Iron my boxers, socks, undershirts, over-clothes, and have time to make dinner clean the house and serve my lady breakfast in bed every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never! Nice idea in theory though. My mother-in-law on the other hand, yes, she always did. Up until about a year ago she would also take down her window treatments and starch them every 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been known to press sheets...my husband thinks I am off my rocker, but they feel "oh so good" when they are fresh and pressed and crisp. They usually come out of the dryer and go straight to the bed...I mean, why dig thru the linen closet to find a complete set, right ;)

    ReplyDelete