Gotta love a trip to the city!

Took a trip to DC this week with my fellow window treatment "peeps" to attend some seminars and get some fresh ideas. Boy did we get an eye full. For those of us addicted to fabric, this place is a big kids playground. Here are some pictures of my favorite finds: I just love this vignette at Kravet. I want to live in this room....love the beach and the glass canisters filled with ocean treasures.
We found these tassels and tiebacks at Robert Allen. Love the way the crystals catch the light.




There were several layers of fabric featured in this window, but what really caught my eye was the tieback

Books covered in fabric at Scalamandre? Ah ha...now I know what to do with all those little fabric scraps!


Hello gorgeous fabrics.......
These first 2 fabrics were at Osborne and Little
The linens we saw at Cowtan and Tout were fresh, clean, airy and absolutely stunning. I wanted them all for every room in the house. Sorry for the dark photos.













Sometimes it isn't so easy to make a trip to a design center to see fabric, but there is nothing like seeing several yards of a fabric rather than inches to really get the feeling of how it will look in a window treatment.
We attended a session with House Beautiful Editor in Chief, Stephen Drucker, and designers Jamie Drake and Celerie Kemble. Many interesting comments came from Celerie and Jamie regarding industry trends. Such as the hot colors...blue, watermelon and apricot. In the world of headboards, clients are looking for upholstered, tall and curved. What I found most interesting though was a comment by Celerie. Her clients are looking specifically for items that are unique and made locally. They get excited about these pieces and I agree completely. The most treasured pieces in my home were not mass produced. They were made by someone I love, someone I admire or they were made by me. I hope you have a great weekend!
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Christine ShepardMarch 13, 2010 at 6:19 PM

    Looks like you guys had a great time! Gorgeous fabrics, Lisa....a curtain lady's dream, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! Would have love to attend this. I can't agree more on bringing pieces into my home that are unique and something treasured. Also, I just started covering books lately with paper from paper source, but never thought about fabric scraps. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wish I could have gone too. So many great ideas!! Love all the different patterns!

    ReplyDelete