No women is an island

...or man for that matter. The point is yes, you might be confident and capable, but no one can succeed without help. 

Last week I had an incredible opportunity to help on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition".  They asked me to coordinate the window treatments and soft coverings for the home. This was going to be the largest home "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" had ever built and there was no way I'd be able to tackle this job alone.  I immediately reached out to my local WCAA Baltimore Chapter members requesting volunteers.  12 of my friends quickly rose to the occasion. 

Kris Ozgar, Beth McFeely, Barb Smith, Me, Trish Albano, Margaret Blunt
(Wish we all could have been in this picture)
This morning the Baltimore Sun published an article about my involvement in "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition".  It was an honor to be recognized for my efforts, but I never would have been able to pull it off without my friends in WCAA.  Kris Ozgar, our chapter President, was my right hand person in this process.  Kris and I spent 9 hours with the designers the first day.  We spent the rest of the week coordinating with the designers and our team members to distribute fabric, pillows and other items for the home and we spent the last day installing window treatments in 100 degree heat.   Our group included Kris Ozgar, Margaret Blunt, Barbara Smith, Barb Morton, Carolyn Lawler, Beth McFeely, Trish Albano, Denise Owens, Denise Hooper, Pat Schneider, CJ Hunt (Pat and CJ drove from Delaware to help), and Pam Gough.  All of these talented ladies are local custom window treatment business owners and members of WCAA.

Alexander Blank Fabrics owner, Steve Richmond donated several thousand dollars worth of fabric and his workroom also helped with the fabrication of window treatments.  Alan Ibello, of Ibello Upholstery donated several custom made pillows and EmbroidMe of Westminster, MD embroidered some of our pillows at the very last minute.

And finally, my Mom, Julie Brown traveled from Harrisburg, PA last week to Baltimore to help Doug and I with the girls while I was working on the show.  She even helped me sew pillows together at night.  I feel very fortunate to have been part of the "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" show, but more importantly, I'm grateful for the professional women that surround me every day, I wouldn't be able to do what I do without you.  Thank You! 
I have many more pictures to share with you, but I have to wait to show them until the show airs.  I've heard it should be some time in September.  Stay Tuned!
Mom

2 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome opportunity and I can't wait to see the results!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Lisa and pics... I love that pic of the group of you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete