Beach Treasure Jars

We are finally settling back into school and work after returning from vacation at the beach.  This time, we were in Ocean Isle Beach, NC.  This quiet little beach town 30 miles north of Myrtle Beach, SC is another one of our favorite summer getaways. 

Doug and I were able to sneak out most mornings for a run while the kiddos got some cuddle time with Gammy and Pappy.  It was during those runs that we found some of our beach treasures. 

We found some unusual things this year, but I haven't had a chance to get photos yet, so I thought I'd share some of our findings from last year.  There were tons of sand dollars scattered across the beach and we had a lot of fun collecting them.  OIB also has quite an assortment of unusual shells.

In these photos, we placed some sand, shells and sea glass in Mason Jars, the kids and I hot glued the sand dollars to the lids and tied a piece of raffia around the top.  We put tea candles inside the mason jars.  They look great on the deck at night.

We also made some driftwood bundles that I have placed around the house. 

I just hate letting go of summer and having these little reminders of summer spread throughout our home helps me get through the winter a little easier. 

What does your family do to remember your summer vacations?


No comments:

Post a Comment