Top 10 Under $10

For the last 2 years, I've hosted a "best of" party for our book club.  What is a "best of" party you ask?
Each person who attends the party brings 3 of her (sorry, no men in this book club) favorite items.  The rules are as follows:
  1. Each item must be under $10
  2. Each item must be a staple in your home, something you love and use all the time.
  3. Everyone brings 3 different wrapped items.
  4. We draw numbers from a hat and whoever gets #1 gets to pick from the pile and so on.
  5. At the end, everyone ends up with 3 items to take home.
It can be anything, a food item, beauty product, garden accessory...the possibilities are endless.  I love this event so much because we get to learn about products first hand from our friends.  And since they are our friends, the things they bring are going to be cool.

So I thought I would share with you my favorite top 10 items from our last 2 years:

1. Eucalyptus Mint Candle from Bath and Body Works (I wait until it goes on sale to get it under $10)

2. Tea Tree Tingle Body Wash from Trader Joes
3.  Coconut Oil from Trader Joes

4. Rao's Spaghetti Sauce
5.  Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment (I found this at Safeway)
6.  Dish Drying Mat (we bought ours from Bed, Bath and Beyond)

7.  Cookie Scoop (also found this at Bed, Bath and Beyond with 20% off coupon, you can get it for $10)
8.  Cetaphil Face Cleanser (this didn't make it to party, but I love it)
9.  Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans from Trader Joes
10.  Wickles Pickles

So there you have it, my top 10 products under $10.  I already have some ideas for next year, but I'd love for you to to share a few of your favorite products.  And NO, I did not get paid for this advertisement, although I probably should!  


7 comments:

  1. I am so going to 'steal' this idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy it Dr. Anne. It is such a fun time for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. How often do you get have this party. Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the party once a year, but it would be fun anytime. Girls night out ect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea to do with your book club, Lisa - I'm going to suggest that for mine. I love the EOS lip balm that is shaped like a ball - it glides on your lips so easily and I love the melon flavor. And it's under $5 so you can get two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lip balm is fabulous. Ella HAD to have it from CVS during our last outing and I have "stolen" it from her. Nice Mom huh?

      Delete
  6. I love this, perfect for Christmas with girlfriends but I love that this could be anytime of year.

    The Bath & Body Works candles are also a favorite of mine! It's nice to gift the tiny votives. That way, you're not committing your friend to a full size. And you can get them for 3 for $10 on sale, I think.

    ReplyDelete